$6.9 million to expand Investing in Women’s Futures in Ontario
By Anthony Capkun
March 27, 2023 – The Ontario government is expanding the Investing in Women’s Futures program to 10 additional locations across the province “to create more economic opportunities for women”.
“These 10 new Investing in Women’s Futures program locations will support more women to become economically empowered and live safely with a greater sense of well-being,” said Charmaine Williams, associate minister, Women’s Social and Economic Opportunity.
The 10 new Investing in Women’s Futures program locations are:
• Huronia Transition Homes in Midland
• Community Resource Center (Killaloe) Inc. in Killaloe
• Keepers of the Circle in Kirkland Lake
• Achev in Mississauga
• Resolve Counselling Services Canada in Kingston
• Women’s Centre of York Region in Newmarket
• Roots Community Services Inc. in Brampton and Mississauga
• Up with Women in Toronto
• Women’s Multicultural Resource & Counselling Centre of Durham in Pickering
• Counselling Centre of East Algoma in Elliot Lake
This $6.9-million spend builds on the $18 million in funding from 2022-2025 to support the Investing in Women’s Futures and Women’s Economic Security programs.
The addition of 10 new sites brings the total number of service delivery locations to 33, providing greater access for more women across the province.